Children’s Hospital New Orleans Wound Care
Treatment for acute & non-healing wounds
Children’s Hospital offers comprehensive, state-of-the-art wound care treatment and therapy for patients with simple, acute, chronic non-healing and complex wounds. The goal of the wound care team is to resolve wounds and prevent hospital admissions. Education is provided to the parent/guardian and patient on the evolution and healing process of the wound(s). Education involving wound treatments may also be reviewed. Assessments will be completed by the physician assistant and wound care nurse during each visit to ensure healing progression. Plastic and reconstructive surgeons are also available to assess the wound for surgical intervention, if needed.
The Wound Care team specializes in the treatment of the following wound types:
- Arterial and venous wounds
- Compromised skin and/or wound conditions
- Neuropathic diabetic foot ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Surgical wounds
- Traumatic wounds
Please fax the following information to 504.894.5563:
- Signed and dated order for “Wound Care Evaluation and Treatment,” including an ICD-10 code
- Pertinent clinical information about the wound, a history and physical and any related testing
- Demographic information
- Insurance information
Patients will be contacted with an appointment date and time.