Virtual care for mental health
We are now offering virtual care visits for mental and behavioral health concerns. You can access consultative sessions with a pediatric psychologist through our Virtual Care for Kids line at 504.837.7760.
Our pediatric virtual care visits for mental health services are consultative, short-term (1-2) visits. These are not intended to serve as a replacement for long-term or ongoing treatment.
Common pediatric mental health conditions we treat:
COVID-19 related concerns:
- Adjustment to new routines/coping with changes in daily life
- Grief and sadness related to cancelled events/milestones
- Concerns about family/friends well-being
- Social isolation
- Changes in mood
- Behavior problems
- Sleep difficulties
- Other common and mild behavioral/mental health concerns
Below is a list of mental health services not available through virtual care visits:
Emergency situations – if this an emergency situation, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest
Click here for a list of LCMC Health Emergency Departments.
- Suicidal or homicidal thoughts/behaviors
- Life-threating behaviors
- Behaviors that require intensive intervention (e.g.: law enforcement is needed)
- Medication management or consultation
- Academic, cognitive, or psychological testing
If you need assistance with other services that are not covered by this
call (504) 896-7272 for assistance.