Virtual Care for Kids
Seeing your pediatrician from home is as easy as 1-2-3!
When the world feels upside down, we’ll make sure your child’s healthcare is right side up with Virtual Care for Kids from Children’s Hospital New Orleans. Whether your virtual care visit is scheduled or urgent, our video visits will ensure your family's healthcare doesn’t skip a beat.
Our secure, easy-to-use video technology connects you to our pediatricians and specialists from the comfort and safety of home via phone, computer or tablet.
How does it work?
Please note that virtual care visits require an active MyChart account. You can enroll here, or our telehealth navigator can assist when you call.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT: download the ZOOM Cloud Meeting app. Your virtual care visit will be through this secure video conferencing app. Download for free:
Virtual Care is now available for psychological evaluations due to
the COVID-19 outbreak.
Virtual Care for Kids is offered for:
- General pediatrics for both check-ups and sick care
- 24/7 on demand urgent care
- Specialty care in 30+ specialties (appointment only)
- Pediatric mental and behavioral health services (appointment only)
LCMC Health Patient Portal
To schedule your virtual care appointment with your provider, please call
their office directly.
Don't have a LCMC Health Patient Portal account?
Any parent or caregiver who is located in Louisiana can use our virtual care for minor conditions that come up.
If your child is seeing a specialist, it will be up to your provider to decide if virtual care is a good option.
Please Note: Although the condition may be listed below, the provider may ask to see you in person if they are not able to help you to the best of their abilities through the virtual visit.
- Allergic reactions
- Asthma attack
- Dog bite
- Head injury
- Insect bite
- Pink eye
- Sinus infections
- Other common concerns
On Demand Virtual Care is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You must have:
- An active MyChart Account. You can request one here (link to pt portal)
- A mobile phone, tablet, or desktop with video conferencing capabilities.
- The Zoom Conferencing app installed with permissions granted and pop-up blocker disabled if needed. The app is available in the App Store (iPhone) and Google Play Store (Android).
- Connection to WiFi
We bill to Medicaid or your private insurance, so the cost of the service depends on your individual coverage. Usually, this amount is less than an in-person visit.
- For minor problems or routine checkups, patients and families will not have to go to a facility to meet with their provider.
- The Virtual Care program allows parents to connect with a provider instantly, rather than going to an urgent care in the evening or late at night.
- Refill prescriptions quickly.
- Limit time away from school by using the school-based virtual care.
- Streamlined consultation services allow primary care physicians to get advice from specialists directly or by allowing the patient to connect with the specialist remotely.
We do not record videos. There may be instances where the provider may ask for a photo of an affected area in order to get a clearer view. These photos are completely confidential and are uploaded to the secure electronic health record. We will never display, share, or copy these photos.
School-Based Virtual Care
Accidents can happen anywhere, including at school. Our School-Based Virtual Care brings the same quality care of our virtual visits to your child’s school. If your child becomes sick with a common or mild condition, the school resource will facilitate a virtual care visit on the spot.