We understand you may have concerns about the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and we want you to have the most up-to-date information. Click here to learn more and check back frequently for the most recent updates.
If you are concerned that your child is experiencing symptoms similar to those of COVID-19, you can use our virtual care service to get advice from our team and take our safety screening. COVID-19 testing is only done when authorized by a clinician at designated locations. Other tests for the flu may be done at one of our clinic locations.
Virtual Care at Children's Hospital
Get Access to our expert care from anywhere!
The virtual care program at Children's Hospital New Orleans, also know as Virtual Care at CHNOLA, connects pediatric patients across the state to our robust network of Primary Care Providers and our highly trained Pediatric Specialists and Subspecialists all through a secure video connection.
With this technology, our mission is to enhance the quality of care and the patient’s experience while maintaining an accessible and lasting personal relationship with the Children's Hospital pediatric healthcare team.
Call 504.837.7760 to request your video visit. Click here for more information about starting a video visit.
How can we help you today?
Virtual Care is accessible through your computer, tablet, or mobile phone. Be sure to use WIFI on these devices for the best quality experience.
What is Virtual Care?
Virtual Care is technology that allows you to see your provider via video on your phone, tablet or computer, without having to travel to the doctor’s office.
Benefits of Virtual Care:
- For minor problems or routine checkups, patients and families will not have to travel long distances to meet with their provider.
- The Virtual Care program allows parents to connect with a provider instantly rather than traveling to an urgent care in the evening or late at night.
- Refill prescriptions quickly.
- Limit time away from school by utilizing school-based virtual care.
- Streamlined consultation services allow primary care physicians to get advice from specialists directly or by allowing the patient to connect with the specialist remotely.
Note: Children’s Hospital offers Virtual Care services as a convenience to our patients and families. However, this service may not be appropriate for all conditions or illnesses. Please consult our list of common complaints before requesting a telemedicine appointment. For example, these services are not appropriate for emergency situations. If this is an emergency situation, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room. Click here for a list of LCMC Health Emergency Departments.