Mission: To provide comprehensive, compassionate pediatric nursing care for all children through communication and collaboration to deliver the highest quality care with a commitment to education, professional development, and a nursing model that is rooted in evidence-based practice and research.
Vision: To be the regional leader in pediatric nursing excellence by caring for every child as our own.
Philosophy of the division of nursing:
The Children's Hospital New Orleans nursing philosophy is founded on the principles of patient and family centered care and our CHNOLA values Caring, Honor, Nice, Ownership, Leadership, and Advocacy. We define nursing as an art and a science focused on delivering extraordinary patient care that is compassionate, individualized, and holistic.
- We care for every child as our own and for our community as our family.
- We partner with our patients, families, and the healthcare team to provide the most comprehensive, individualized care possible.
- We commit to support and nurture all team members promoting a healthy work environment.
- We communicate with respect and dignity using developmentally appropriate approaches empowering patient and families to make informed decisions.
- We inspire each other to be leaders and take ownership of our profession with a commitment to lifelong learning and personal professional growth.
- We integrate the best available evidence into our practice and generate new knowledge and innovation by conducting nursing research.
- We advocate for the health and safety of our patients, families, and community by enhancing the quality of our nursing practice.
Children's Hospital's Nursing Professional Practice Model
A Professional Practice Model is a symbol that depicts the core values for nursing practice. The Children's Hospital New Orleans Nursing Professional Practice Model is a unique design developed by our nurses that comprises all of the fundamental components of nursing practice at Children's Hospital New Orleans.
Nursing Annual Report
Our nursing team advances excellence in nursing practice and demonstrates extraordinary professional growth through transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice, and new knowledge, innovations, and improvements. This publication showcases some of our nursing team's amazing accomplishments from 2019!