Vision: To provide comprehensive pediatric healthcare, which recognizes the special needs of children, through excellence and the continuous improvement of patient care, education, research, child advocacy, and management.
Mission: To be the regional medical center for children.
Philosophy of the division of nursing:
Our nursing division at Children's Hospital...
- is dedicated to the well-being of every child we care for and supports each child's right to healthcare in an environment of professionalism, safety, and trust
- recognizes the importance of preventing disease and promoting and maintaining health, ensuring comprehensive healthcare for our young patients and their families
- is committed to providing quality patient care regardless of the individual's economic, social, or religious status
- promotes the professional growth and development of our staff. We know that an ongoing process of nursing education assures we're providing the highest-quality nrusing care
- is dedicated to improving patient care through active participation with team members from other disciplines in activities expressly created to upgrade the quality and comprehensiveness of the care that we provide
- recognizes and welcomes our responsibility to serve as a model for pediatric excellence to students, staff, and the community through our commitments to clinical expertise, education, and research
Children's Hospital New Orleans Nursing Professional Practice Model
A Professional Practice Model is a symbol that depicts the core values for nursing practice. The Children's Hospital New Orleans Nursing Professional Practice Model is a unique design developed by our nurses that comprises all of the fundamental components of nursing practice at Children's Hospital New Orleans.
Nursing Annual Report
Our nursing team advances excellence in nursing practice and demonstrates extraordinary professional growth through transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice, and new knowledge, innovations, and improvements. This publication showcases some of our nursing team's amazing accomplishments from 2018!