Patient & Family Advisory Council
Patients and their families are often the most knowledgeable members of the care team, and can offer unique perspectives and valuable feedback regarding the standard of care they receive. Patient advisors represent the views of a diverse patient group, with members providing insight which represents different genders, ages, incomes, geographic locations, information from personal inpatient or outpatient experiences, and more.
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) at Children’s Hospital is dedicated to the improvement of quality in patient and family care. The Advisory Council is comprised of past and present patients and families and Children’s Hospital staff members.
This shared relationship enables the Advisory Council, which meets on a monthly basis, to:
- Identify patient and family needs and concerns.
- Provide feedback on current systems and processes in the hospital.
- Generate new ideas to improve the standard of care.
- Act as catalysts and advocates to integrate patient-centered care across the institution.
Patient/Family Advisory Council Mission
Provide the voice of patients, parents and caregivers to enhance the philosophy of Patient and Family Centered Care at Children’s Hospital in New Orleans with a goal of obtaining optimal health, wellness and service.
Requirements of our PFAC Members:
- A positive approach and ability to share and see many different points of view.
- Good listening skills.
- Enthusiastic about the hospital’s mission of excellence in patient care, education and child advocacy.
- Ability to share both positive and negative experiences in a constructive way.
- Able to communicate and work with families and staff whose backgrounds, experiences and styles may be very different from their own.
Family and staff representatives are asked to participate in an orientation and, in general, can expect 12 council meetings and periodic subcommittee meetings at the hospital each year.
Please CLICK HERE to complete the application form to apply to become a member of the Patient/Family Advisory Council.
Questions or Referrals: Call Michele Borey, Director of Patient Experience at 504.896.3073 or email at Michele.Borey@LCMCHealth.org.