Children’s Hospital New Orleans Pediatric Radiology
Imaging services for children & adolescents
The goal of the Radiology Department is to ensure that all patients receive high-quality care in the most expedient and professional manner. With years of pediatric imaging experience, Children’s Hospital’s qualified and professional radiologists and technologists specialize in pediatric radiology using methods to minimize radiation exposure. Radiologists and technicians implement an individualized plan of care utilizing constant evaluation to assist the patient to achieve expected outcomes.
The Radiology Department provides full outpatient and inpatient diagnostic imaging including the following services:
- Digital x-ray
- MRI and MRA
- CT and CTA
- Nuclear medicine
- Bone densitometry
- Urography and cystography
- PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System)
- Powershare: cloud-based and secure exchange of images that allows receipt of medical images from outside locations without a CD
- Send a signed, dated and timed order to the Scheduling Department by fax or e-mail to 504.896.2889 or CHNOreferrals@LCMChealth.org.
- Call the Radiology Department at 504.896.9565 to schedule the test.
- All tests should be scheduled 10 to 14 days in advance to allow the authorization to be obtained.
- All outside physician offices ordering imaging should obtain an authorization for the scheduled test and send it with the order or once the authorization is obtained.