Children’s Hospital Adolescent Medicine Clinic in New Orleans
Developmental & reproductive health services
The Adolescent Medicine Clinic addresses the unique developmental and reproductive health needs of adolescents and young adults from 12 to 22 years of age. The clinic is designed to assist primary care and specialty providers and to ensure their adolescent patients have the best comprehensive care available. Care is provided by clinicians with more than 25 years of combined experience in providing adolescent and reproductive health services. The physicians, nurses and staff work to build a strong therapeutic alliance with patients and their families.
The Adolescent Medicine Clinic provides consultation on an array of developmental and reproductive health issues facing adolescents and young adults:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding/menstrual disorders/polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Contraception (IUDs, contraceptive implant and injections, patches, ring and pills)
- Pelvic and gynecological exams for adolescent and young adult women
- Counseling, testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) including HIV testing
- Evaluation of penile/genital concerns
- Evaluation and treatment for minor sports injuries or athletic issues
- Mild-moderate acne
- Smoking cessation
- Transgender care and hormones
- PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis for HIV patients)
The Adolescent Medicine Clinic does not diagnose or treat ADD/ADHD or offer psychological or psychiatric services. Please refer all ADD/ADHD evaluations to the Psychology Department/Rapid Treatment Program.