COVID-19 Return to School Support
Your trusted health partner in helping Louisiana kids, and those who care for them, return to school safely.
As the health experts for kids in Louisiana, Children’s Hospital New Orleans is here to support our schools, students, and their families in returning to school safely, as we continue to adjust to our new way of life.
With schools across the nation and here in Louisiana adapting to new practices, procedures, and approaches to learning to keep students and teachers safe upon reopening, the experts at Children’s Hospital New Orleans are available to serve as a resource to you.
Our dedicated School Wellness and Virtual Care Nurse Hotline is available as a resource for our school partners. Call (504) 837-7760 for support regarding:
- Medical guidance pertaining to an individual about COVID-19
- Virtual visits with a physician
- At-home symptom monitoring
- Return to school screening
Other resources available to our school partners:
- 1:1 medical consultation on creating statewide and district-wide guidance content and implementing LDOE Recommendations / CDC Guidelines
- Town Halls for school support staff, teachers, and nurses
Visit our School Wellness
- Recorded Town Halls
- School COVID-19 Decision Tree
- Informational flyers for parents & schools
- Campus signage, floor stickers, etc.
- FAQ – 24 hour response time
- 24/7 virtual care guidance
- Helpful links such as Regional Medical Director Contacts, LDH, LDOE, CDC, etc.
We Offer Testing for symptomatic individuals across the Greater New Orleans Area
- Fast-track access for school staff
- Same-day or next-day TAT
- Centralized scheduling, M-F 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Available at 3 strategic locations across the Greater New Orleans area; mobile units developing
- Will accept testing whole family units if the situation calls for it and testing supplies can accommodate
To learn more about our School Reopening support, email us at
Our 'For Kids, By Kids' video helps kids understand what to expect.
Throughout the rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic Children’s Hospital New Orleans has taken a leadership position among our peer institutions in the region. As the health experts for kids in Louisiana, we are uniquely situated to partner with educational institutions to support our schools, students, and their families in returning to school safely
Through our relationships with other children's hospitals across the country including in other hotspot communities like Seattle, WA and New York, NY, our team of healthcare experts have developed pediatric COVID-19 testing algorithms, evidence-based care guidelines, employee health policies and procedures, and other COVID-19 resources to help guide our organization and our partner institutions through these unprecedented times.