e-Consult a Pediatric Specialist
Who is e-Consult intended for?
Health care providers outside of the local service area for Children's Hospital. e-Consult is not intended to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families. If you are a parent/guardian or family member and would like your child's condition reviewed, please have your child's primary care doctor or specialist submit the e-Consult form below.
Pediatric specialists at Children's Hospital offer the e-Consult program to:
- Address the shortage of pediatric specialty health care professionals outside of the New Orleans area
- Reduce barriers to care caused by distance and limitation on transportation
- Reduce the likelihood that a patient would otherwise delay or forego care
- Increase access to educational materials and services
- Increase opportunity for physicians to collaborate with pediatric specialists that they may not otherwise have access to
- Help control health care costs while enabling health care professionals to provide quality, up-do-date services to their patients
The e-Consult process:
Step 1: Once an e-Consult form is submitted, the e-Consult Clinical Team will review the request and create an electronic request for an e-Consult with the most appropriate pediatric specialist at Children's Hospital.
Step 2: The pediatric specialist will review the forms and medical records that were submitted by the referring provider.
Step 3: The pediatric specialist or the e-Consult Clinical Navigation Team will respond to the referring provider by either secure email or by a phone call with information on possible advisory opinion, recommended care and next steps.
Most e-Consults are completed in 24-72 hours, excluding weekends and holidays.
If you have further questions please call Liz Milligan at 504.894.6778 or Gretchen Dondis at 504.895.5655 or email CHNOconcierge@lcmchealth.org.