Thomas R. Kimball, MD
Dr. Thomas Kimball is the Director of the Heart Center and Division Chief of Cardiology at Children’s Hospital New Orleans. A native of Oakland, California, he received his undergraduate degree at Stanford University.
Dr. Kimball attended medical school at New York University followed by a pediatric residency at Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles. He completed a cardiology fellowship at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital and remained at that institution as an attending cardiologist for 34 years.
He is currently the Nelson K Ordway Professor of Pediatrics at the LSU Health Center.
He is board-certified in both Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology.
His clinical interests include non-invasive cardiac imaging and pediatric coronary artery disease (Kawasaki Disease and congenital anomalies of the coronaries).
His research interests relate to the cardiovascular effects of obesity and decreasing patients lost to follow-up rates.
Dr. Kimball values the physician/patient relationship because it is career-defining to see his patients who were once critically ill babies develop into healthy husbands/wives, college graduates and elite athletes.
A little something extra about Dr. Kimball
He has run a marathon in every state with his favorites being Disney in Florida, Boston, New York, Deadwood in South Dakota and, of course, his very last one – Missoula, Montana!
- Children's Hospital New Orleans treats patients diagnosed with MIS-C
- How is Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) affecting kids?
- What Parents Should Know About COVID Effects on Children and the new Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C)
- Dr. Thomas Kimball breaks down coronavirus related illness, multi-system inflammatory syndrome
- Dr. Tom Kimball challenges you to participate in the Jazz Half Marathon & 5K
New York University
Children's Hospital of Los Angeles
American Board of Pediatrics