Keeping your family safe
Don't delay getting the medical care your children need to stay healthy.
As our community continues to adjust to a new normal, we want our patients and families to know what steps Children’s Hospital is taking to keep you safe, and what to expect when visiting our hospital or clinics.
Children’s Hospital, and our providers, are here for you and are continuing to provide expert care for kids in our hospital, emergency department, clinics and through virtual care. You can expect to receive the same level of care you have come to know and trust from the Children’s Hospital family.
We understand you may feel anxious about visiting the hospital or doctor’s office in person and want you to know that keeping your family safe it our top priority. It is important to keep up with scheduled appointments, including well check-ups, immunizations, and follow-up specialty care to ensure your child stays healthy.
In the hospital, we have also taken extra precautions to ensure a safe environment for your child’s care, from our inpatient units to our emergency department, and surgery to imaging and lab work.
The following safety precautions are in place at all Children’s Hospital locations:
- Safety screening, including temperature checks, are in place for all Children’s Hospital locations for patients, families and our team members.
- Visitors are limited to one adult per patient in the clinic/outpatient setting, and two adult visitors per inpatient.
- Upon arrival, you will receive a mask to wear throughout the duration of your visit.
- Hand sanitizing stations are placed at entry points and throughout the facility for frequent hand hygiene.
- Our teams are working around-the-clock to provide a clean environment, including frequent sanitation high touch surfaces such as door handles, elevator buttons and railings.
- We have socially distanced our waiting areas by spacing chairs in small groups, 6 feet apart, and by placing visual reminders throughout our facilities.
- In clinics with small waiting areas, families may be asked to check-in from their cars and wait until a space is available for the family to proceed immediately to the exam room.
- Families will receive a call the day before their scheduled appointment to educate them on the screening process, and visitor restrictions.
To schedule a new appointment, or to reschedule a visit or procedure that may have been postponed during the COVID-19 stay-at-home order, call 504.896.2888 for specialty care, or click here to contact your pediatrician’s office.
From our family to yours, we will get through this the only way we know how – together.