Virtual Care On Demand
Expert Care at Your Fingertips
Because minor issues can arise at any time, Children’s Hospital New Orleans is here for you. Virtual Care at Children's Hospital is available to connect you with a provider during business hours and also in the evenings and weekends to receive care via secure video connection, wherever you are in Louisiana.
*Note: if your child is under 13, parents should create an account for themselves first, then add all children as dependents.
You can also download the Virtual Care CHNOLA app on your tablet or phone:
Virtual Care is accessible through your computer, tablet, or mobile phone. Web Access is only supported by Chrome and Firefox on a Windows PC. We recommend using a strong WIFI connection.
- See a provider when it is convenient for you.
- Don’t pack up the kids and spend time traveling or waiting in a crowded waiting room; see the provider from home.
- Get a specialist referral or a prescription called in.
Virtual Care is available during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday: Noon – 10 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
If this is an emergency situation, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Although the condition may be listed below, our providers use their professional discretion in every visit. If they are unable to assist you to the best of their abilities, they may ask for you to visit a facility in person.
The patient must be located in Louisiana to use this service.
How it Works:
Note that you can manage all of your kids’ accounts from your own parent account.
On Windows: Create an account for yourself, then add your kids’ accounts by going to “Manage My Account” and then “Dependent Profiles” on the left.
On the App: Tap "Add Account" after logging in.
Choose to see the provider now (On-Demand)
Fill out the short intake form. This lets our provider know what the issue may be today.
- Our nurse will call you by phone to complete your registration and to get a brief medical history. Answer the call, but remain in the app.
- Speak with the provider face-to-face. The provider will diagnose the issue and give a treatment plan.
- Note: These visits are billed to private insurance as well as Medicaid. Upon registering for a visit, please have your policy information available.
Common conditions we treat:
Please Note: Although the condition may be listed below, certain factors such as the patient’s age or other aspects of your case may lead the provider to ask you to be seen in person.
- Allergic reaction
- Asthma attack
- Dog bite
- Head injury
- Insect bite
- Pink eye
- Sinus infections
- Other Common Concerns
Note: Children’s Hospital offers telemedicine services as a convenience to our patients and families. However, this service may not be appropriate for all conditions or illnesses. Please consult our list of common complaints before requesting a telemedicine appointment. For example, these services are not appropriate for emergency situations. If this is an emergency situation, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room. Click here for a list of LCMC Health Emergency Departments.