Virtual Care On Demand
Expert Care at Your Fingertips
Because minor issues can arise at any time, Children’s Hospital New Orleans is here for you. Virtual Care at Children's Hospital is available to connect you with a provider during business hours and also in the evenings and weekends to receive care via secure video connection, wherever you are in Louisiana.
Call us to request your video visit at 504.837.7760
Click Here to fill out our consent form
Virtual Care is accessible through your computer, tablet, or mobile phone. Web Access is only supported by Chrome and Firefox on a Windows PC. We recommend using a strong WIFI connection.
- See a provider when it is convenient for you.
- Don’t pack up the kids and spend time traveling or waiting in a crowded waiting room; see the provider from home.
- Get a specialist referral or a prescription called in.
Virtual Care is available during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm.
- Sunday: 10 am – 6 pm.
If this is an emergency situation, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Although the condition may be listed below, our providers use their professional discretion in every visit. If they are unable to assist you to the best of their abilities, they may ask for you to visit a facility in person.
The patient must be located in Louisiana to use this service.
How it Works:
Call us at 504.837.7760
A nurse will get you registered and send you a link to the video
Click the link. The provider will admit you to the video shortly.
- We will send you a consent form while in the video, but you can also submit it here
- Speak with the provider face-to-face. The provider will diagnose the issue and give a treatment plan.
- Note: These visits are billed to private insurance as well as Medicaid. Upon registering for a visit, please have your policy information available.
Common conditions we treat:
Please Note: Although the condition may be listed below, certain factors such as the patient’s age or other aspects of your case may lead the provider to ask you to be seen in person.
- Allergic reaction
- Asthma attack
- Dog bite
- Head injury
- Insect bite
- Pink eye
- Sinus infections
- Other Common Concerns
Note: Children’s Hospital offers telemedicine services as a convenience to our patients and families. However, this service may not be appropriate for all conditions or illnesses. Please consult our list of common complaints before requesting a telemedicine appointment. For example, these services are not appropriate for emergency situations. If this is an emergency situation, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room. Click here for a list of LCMC Health Emergency Departments.