School-Based Virtual Care
School-Based Virtual Care brings the skilled services of our experienced pediatricians directly to your child while in school. If your child becomes sick with a common or mild condition, the school will facilitate a virtual care visit on the spot.
Enroll Your Student Here
There are numerous benefits to this program:
- Your child can see the provider from school, so you won’t have to leave work to take him or her to the doctor’s office.
- The visit is on demand, so you won’t have to make an appointment days out. This means your child can get back to school quicker.
- You can video conference with the provider or join the visit by phone.
- Prescriptions can be called in immediately to the pharmacy of your choice and picked up on the way home.
- Services are covered by both private insurance and Medicaid.
How does it work?
- You can enroll your child at any time, even on the day he or she gets sick.
- A school resource will contact you if they believe your child would benefit from a video visit.
- A school resource will connect your child to a Children’s Hospital provider via virtual care.
- The provider will then connect to you either through video or by phone.
- The provider will make a medical determination and call in any prescriptions that may be needed.
What conditions are treated?
Please Note: Although the condition may be listed below, certain factors such as the patient’s age or other aspects of your case may lead the provider to ask you to be seen in person.
- Head injury
- Insect bite
- Medication management
- Pink eye
- Prescription refills
- Sinus infections
- Other common concerns
How do I sign up?
The consent and enrollment forms will be distributed at the beginning of the school year either at registration or orientation. You may also fill out the forms below and send them to your school by email, by fax, or with your child to turn in.
After the Visit
- Any prescriptions will be called in to the pharmacy.
- The provider will send any school notes or documentation directly to the school.
- You may access your After Visit Summary by creating an LCMC Health Patient Portal account here.
- During the visit, you received a link to activate your Virtual Care CHNOLA Account, which allows you to receive on-demand pediatric care through video. Learn more here.
Am I billed for this service?
These virtual care visits are billed to Medicaid and private insurance. As such, the guarantor will be responsible for any claims not covered by the health plan.