Virtual After Hours Clinic
Telemedicine at Children’s Hospital New Orleans
Our Virtual After Hours Clinic is a phone or tablet based app that allows parents to speak with a provider after regular office hours, including the evenings and weekends, to discuss their child’s minor issues and conditions. Our provider will contact you over live video to address the issue or to let you know whether you should seek emergency care. This allows parents to have peace of mind when issues arise at inconvenient hours. You can reach our Virtual Care Office at 504.896.2887.
Our Virtual After Hours Clinic is available during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday: Noon – 10 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Benefits of our Virtual After Hours program:
- You don’t pack up the kids and drive to an urgent care facility late at night. Get medical advice right from home.
- Virtual After Hours visits cost less than a traditional ED visit.
- Get a specialist referral or a prescription called in.
How it works
The first step is to submit a brief form so we can get your account started. After downloading the app, our team will contact you and connect you with one of our providers. We do bill this as a standard urgent care visit, so please have your insurance card ready. Medicaid is accepted. Follow the instructions below to get started.
- If you already have an account for Virtual CHNOLA, simply log in and request to see one of our After Hours providers.
If this is your first time using our Virtual After Hours Clinic, follow
the instructions below
(Note: this platform is only supported by Chrome and Safari web browsers):
- Fill out this short form. This allows our nurse to get your account started.
- You will receive an invitation either by text or email from Hale Health to download our “Virtual CHNOLA” app. Download the app to create your account and connect with our team.
- Once your account is activated, log in and create a new request by tapping the + sign in the upper right hand corner. One of our nurses will contact you via video shortly after.
- If you are having trouble, use the in-app troubleshooting contact info. If that does not work, please call 504.837.7760 for assistance.
- Note: The patient must be physically present in Louisiana for all video visits.
Most common conditions we treat:
- Allergic reaction
- Asthma attack
- Dog bite
- Head injury
- Insect bite
- Pink eye
- Sinus infections
In the news
Note: Children’s Hospital offers telemedicine services as a convenience to our patients and families. However, this service may not be appropriate for all conditions or illnesses. Please consult our list of common complaints before requesting a telemedicine appointment. For example, these services are not appropriate for emergency situations. If this is an emergency situation, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room. Click here for a list of LCMC Health Emergency Departments.