Children’s Hospital New Orleans virtual care
What Is telemedicine?
Telemedicine is a new technology that allows you to see your provider via video on your phone, tablet or computer, without having to travel to the doctor’s office.
Benefits of telemedicine:
- For minor problems or routine checkups, patients and families will not have to travel long distances to meet with their provider.
- Our Virtual After Hours Clinic allows parents to connect with a provider instantly rather than traveling to an urgent care in the evening or late at night.
- Refill prescriptions quickly.
- Limit time away from school by utilizing school-based virtual clinics.
- Streamlined consultation services allow primary care physicians to get advice from specialists directly or by allowing the patient to connect with the specialist remotely.
Note: Children’s Hospital offers telemedicine services as a convenience to our patients and families. However, this service may not be appropriate for all conditions or illnesses. Please consult our list of common complaints before requesting a telemedicine appointment. For example, these services are not appropriate for emergency situations. If this is an emergency situation, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room. Click here for a list of LCMC Health Emergency Departments.