News

Children's Hospital burn surgeon, Nicole Kopari, weighs in on local dog's groundbreaking skin treatment

Children's Hospital and UMC burn surgeon, Dr. Nicole Kopari, weighs in on the amazing story of a local dog, Sadie, who was severely burned when a heating lamp caught on fire.

Watch the incredible story!

“I just really want people to know that we are here for them. We're here for the community, and our care for these patients extends much beyond just the hospital, even to their pets,” said Dr. Nicole Kopari, a general surgeon and surgical critical care specialist who is the Pediatric Medical Director at Children’s Hospital. She treats burn patients at both Children’s Hospital and UMC.