Dr. Nicole Kopari, Children's Hospital New Orleans and University Medical Center pediatric burn surgeon, is treating an 11 year old burn victim at Children’s Hospital named Lily.
Lily was so passionate when she heard about Dr. Kopari’s work in helping the dog, Sadie, that was badly burned when a heat lamp in her kennel set fire to her bedding. Thanks to the burn technology at UMCNO, Sadie became the first dog ever to have the Avita Medical RECELL treatment. Now, she is being treated at Resurge Veterinary Surgical Specialists in Covington, Louisiana.
To help offset some of her medical bills, Lily helped raise $2,400 from a lemonade stand to aid in Sadie's recovery.
"Lily has the biggest heart and the sweetest soul," says mom, Lauren Lopinto. "After Lily heard about Sadie during her own burn treatments at Children's Hospital New Orleans, she felt very passionate about doing something to lend a helping hand. The plan was to do a lemonade stand and raise at least $50 for treats. But the power of social media helped exceed that expectation, and Lily was thrilled to meet Sadie and hand over a check that could really help out."