NEW ORLEANS – Children’s Hospital New Orleans’ 11th annual Jazz Half Marathon and 5K will take place on Saturday, October 26. Beginning at 7 am, participants will run the Jazz Half Marathon, which starts in Lafayette Square in downtown New Orleans, with a scenic route to Audubon Park Uptown and then back along St. Charles Avenue. The Jazz 5K is a 3.25-mile race that leads runners and walkers through the downtown area.
Course change notice: The Management of the Jazz Half-Marathon has made a change to the Half-Marathon, Half-Marathon Relay and Jazz 5K courses in lieu of the closing of part of N. Rampart Street due to the building collapse on N. Rampart at Canal Street. Updated course maps are now shown on the course map link and updated course description is shown here www.jazzhalf.com/course
Below is a list of road closures and reopening times – Saturday, October 26, 2019:
- 4 am –11 am Camp Street from Girod to Poydras Street
- 12:01 am –3 pm North and South Maestri Streets
Race Course Reopening Schedule
- Mile 1 OPENS – 7:18 am
- Mile 2 OPENS –7:36 am
- Mile 3 OPENS –7:54 am
- By approximately 8:00 am, Poydras St. will be completely clear
- Mile 4 OPENS –8:12 am
- Mile 5 OPENS –8: 30 am
- Mile 6 OPENS –8:48 am
- Mile 7 OPENS –9:06 am
- Mile 8 OPENS –9:24 am
- Mile 9 OPENS –9:42 am
- Mile 10 OPENS –10:00 am - all of St. Charles Avenue will reopen from Carrollton to Jefferson Avenue. St. Charles Avenue westbound lanes are still closed from Jefferson Avenue to Lee Circle.
- Mile 11 OPENS –10:18 am -all of St. Charles Avenue will reopen from Carrollton to Amelia Street. St. Charles Avenue westbound lanes are still closed from Amelia Street to Lee Circle.
- Mile 12 OPENS –10:36 am -all of St. Charles Avenue will reopen from Carrollton to Jackson Avenue. St. Charles Avenue westbound lanes are still closed from Jackson Avenue to Lee Circle.
- Mile 13 OPENS –10:54 am -all of St. Charles Avenue will reopen to vehicular traffic.
Race participants will be completely cleared of all roadways by 11 am
For more information on the Jazz Half Marathon and 5K, course map and road closings, please visit www.jazzhalf.com.
# # #