The Neurodiagnostic Department provides the highest quality care to inpatient and outpatient pediatric patients. Neurodiagnostics and Sleep Medicine are unique health care technologies dedicated to monitoring and studying the electrical activity of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, the function of the cardiovascular system and respiratory systems. A staff of technologists, specialized in pediatrics, provides accurate recordings to ensure optimal treatment can be delivered to patients.
The Neurodiagnostic Department provides the following services:
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Long term video EEG monitoring (LTM)
- Intraoperative neuromonitoring (IONM)
- Polysomnogram (PSG)
- Evoked potentials - somatosensory, Auditory, Visual (SEP, ABR, VEP)
- Nerve conduction study/Electromyogram (NCS/EMG)
- Electroretinogram (ERG)
- Botox injections
- Send the signed and dated order, including ICD-10, to the Neurodiagnostic Department by fax at (504) 896-9763.
- Call the Neurodiagnostic Department at (504) 896-9596 to schedule the procedure.
- Instructions for the patient and family will be given at the time of scheduling.
- All outside physician offices ordering testing should obtain an authorization for the scheduled test and send it with the order or once the authorization is obtained.