- Evaluation for injuries (sprains, strains). If broken bones – splinting and stabilization to get to hospital for x-ray & casting
- Treatment of common childhood illnesses – colds, flu, sore throat, ear pain, cough, congestion
- Upper respiratory infections
- Treatment of wounds and burns
- Treatment of insect & spider bites
Frequently Asked Questions
Are appointments needed?
Appointments are not necessary. Walk-ins are welcome.
What is the age range of children seen by Children’s Hospital After Hours?
We treat children from newborns to 21 years of age.
Will vaccinations or well child check-ups be given?
No. We encourage every child to have a primary care physician who can offer these services. If you need apediatrician for your child, please call (504) 896-9827.
How will follow-up care be handled after a visit?
Children’s Hospital After Hours will send a report of your visit to your child’s pediatrician within 24 hours.
What if a child requires hospitalization?
We will admit to Children’s Hospital (and notify child’s pediatrician).
We accept most major insurances, including, but not limited to:
Blue Cross/Blue Shield
What methods of payment are available?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, personal checks and cash. At the time of your visit, you will be expected to pay copays, deductibles and payment for any services not covered by your insurance. We also see uninsured patients on a self-pay or fee basis.