The Orthopedics Department provides the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment for the entire spectrum of orthopedic conditions and disorders in infants, children and adolescents. Orthopedics offers services to patients with congenital and acquired malformations of the musculoskeletal system (clubfoot, congenital dislocation of the hip, Legg-Perthes, cerebral palsy), fractures and their late sequelae and hand injuries. State-of-the-art spine and sports medicine services are also available.
A specialized critical care unit is available to all patients who undergo a spine-related surgical procedure.
Management expertise includes, but is not limited to:
- Spinal disorders: scoliosis, kyphosis, spondylothesis
- Pediatric/adolescent sports medicine
- Clubfoot and other foot disorders
- Developmental dislocation of the hip
- Limb lengthening
- Musculoskeletal tumors
- Neuromuscular disorders: cerebral palsy, spina bifida, muscular dystrophy
- Reconstruction of developmental skeletal malformations
- Acquired and congenital hand disorders
- Reconstruction of skeletal malformations resulting from trauma